Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

active exhaust valve

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Just another way we are all different. I had a Holley Blackheart system on my Daytona. They don't have the valves in it. With the long tube headers and cat deletes it was just to loud for me. I still have the exhaust but if I were to put it on the Hellcats I would modify it and add the valves. I like my cars on the quiet side

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I'd like to have the options of quiet stealth, powerful muscle car, and clearly violating noise ordinances. All at the press of a button controlled by me on the fly.

Boricuoso787

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
So the harness commands the plugs to full open all the time? Or they are commanded full open, then the plugs lock them that way bc no power after harness disconnect?
The Z Automotive plugs prevent them from cycling closed when, for example, you start the car in “Auto” mode. As you know, Sport and Track mode command the valves to full open, but that is after you start the car and select either mode (sanz Tazer). So essentially the car shuts off with the exhaust valves in the open position, then installing these jumper plugs prevents the valves from cycling closed at start once installed. There are ways to start the vehicle in Sport, Track or Custom mode (Tazer) which would command the exhaust valves to remain open at start. This is just the way I opted to go. They work great. Down side? I’d imagine that there is a possibility that the valves staying stuck open by way of these plugs “could potentially” lead to them ceasing in the open position after a long period of time. Though I’ve not heard of it ever being an issue, I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. For now, I enjoy that cold start sound every time I crank it and with my mid-muffler deletes, I enjoy not having to switch modes to get that aggressive roar when I step on the gas pedal.

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
That would be nice. For what they cost, should have a bluetooth function so I could control the valves with a phone app...now there is an idea.
yep, that wold probably triple the price... :(

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
As you know, Sport and Track mode command the valves to full open, but that is after you start the car and select either mode (sanz Tazer).
I wasn't aware of that. That means that Im always driving around with them open, as I always use sport or track mode when i drive. Saved me some $, thanks