Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

19 challenger redeye

Member ID
Reactions
City
Moscow
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 challenger hellcat redeye
Hi I need help please I purchased a 19 challenger redeye 15,000 miles and it had a valve train noise. I had it for months and bringing it to dealerships and finally found one I trust to work on it. They removed the blower and heads and changed the lifters. I got it back with new oil and parts. By the time I drove it almost 2 hrs home it was wrapping worse than I dropped it off. So I brought it back and they tore it down again to find metal particles in the upper and lower of the engine so the pulled the engine out and started following what SRT wanted and started a huge parts list new heads, crank , bearings, cam and so forth and I’m still waiting on SRT to get back to see what they are going to do. They changed people in charge of the claim. I just want to know what to do. It sucks I had the car for months put half cash down and can’t drive the car and paying payments on it and can’t even enjoy it. Is there a lawyer I can contact to make sure I get a great extended warranty on this car for the time that I own it. I won’t even put 5k miles on it a year. I find take it out in the rain and it sits in a heated and air conditioned garage. And I personalized it to me with tints vinyl and lots of other items. I’m at a loss for words. I will take any help I can get from the group please. Thank you Louie DeSiato

Attachments

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Definitely sucks
Been a few with engine issues here.
@DGatzby

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Sorry to hear about the engine issues.

Welcome to the forum.

A few have had problems as Hunter already mentioned.

Hopefully they will chime in soon.

Wishing you the best of luck in getting it fixed.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Lawyering up? What exactly would you be demanding? You have a warranty and they are honoring it. I dont understand all the running to lawyers every time people break down. I get that it’s super frustrating but this is exactly what a warranty is for. They’ll make it right in most cases, no lawyer needed.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Shoot it.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I’d be surprised if they put any parts in the shortblock, I see a new longblock in your future.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Hi I need help please I purchased a 19 challenger redeye 15,000 miles and it had a valve train noise. I had it for months and bringing it to dealerships and finally found one I trust to work on it. They removed the blower and heads and changed the lifters. I got it back with new oil and parts. By the time I drove it almost 2 hrs home it was wrapping worse than I dropped it off. So I brought it back and they tore it down again to find metal particles in the upper and lower of the engine so the pulled the engine out and started following what SRT wanted and started a huge parts list new heads, crank , bearings, cam and so forth and I’m still waiting on SRT to get back to see what they are going to do. They changed people in charge of the claim. I just want to know what to do. It sucks I had the car for months put half cash down and can’t drive the car and paying payments on it and can’t even enjoy it. Is there a lawyer I can contact to make sure I get a great extended warranty on this car for the time that I own it. I won’t even put 5k miles on it a year. I find take it out in the rain and it sits in a heated and air conditioned garage. And I personalized it to me with tints vinyl and lots of other items. I’m at a loss for words. I will take any help I can get from the group please. Thank you Louie DeSiato
Hi Louie DeSiato,
We sincerely regret hearing of your trouble. If it would be of interest, we'd be happy to add additional support while in service. Feel free to follow up with us via private message if this would be of interest.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Does Dodge really care?? If so then why is my battery keep going bad. I have to keep it on the charger all the time. Have had to have it jumped 3 times to get it to the dealership. Turn it off and will not restart. Only dealer ship that will deal with me and an exstended warranty is in St Pete. They told me my warranty was about gone and according to my math,,, I have 2 years left.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Op I saw one like that in May. SC failure and converter failure (have them inspect BOTH converters). 32CECA70-1691-4E19-B6ED-825D9A92453F.jpeg 809A2E03-51AE-43D9-A1D7-6030E80785FF.jpeg

THE SOLUTION? Long block plus, SC, plus converters, plus cooling systems! 26 calendar days, cannot be more happy.

206F5456-D8BA-4EA5-8AE2-2FEFCE49C24D.jpeg

IT IS THE DEALER!!! They make it happen, or not IMO.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
o_Oo_O
The new motor looks beautiful

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
o_Oo_O
The new motor looks beautiful
Runs like it looks too. UNLIKE its predecessor.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That is georgus. Hope it runs better than it looks cause it looks great. Good job.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I am talkin to peoples concerning the Supra twin turbos new with all the extras. Off for a milk shake for a mix of shine and dinner. Tuna hoagie.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
That is georgus. Hope it runs better than it looks cause it looks great. Good job.
MF runs like it looks finally(y);)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Good for you. What a piece of art and I thought mine looked good after werds I had the engine painted. Mine is and waz a one of a kind. $10,000 worth of paint on the engine and ass sociated parts. Powter coated black and red with all 4 calipers painted red with cat's heads and Dodge on the rear end painted red. Thanks and shout out to Bob of Riverside, Cal for the cat's red eyes. Low voltage of horse. And Ed my Electrical engineer whom put this together. A work of art and pain in the ass to keep clean. Satin black exterior with black leather and hand stitched interior. I will get pics on the board before it slips away. I did win the Cat of the month one year so there are pictures some where but not of the engine. Like my last Harley,,, chrome and air craft fitting with chrome braded fuel lines and ass ociated parts. The Harley wa a pin in the ass to keep clean. Exstended 8 over front end, hard tail frame, shovel pan engine. made only 6 months trans fered over from Pan Head to shovel head. What made it special if not all that but it was an electric start and kick start. Added later and I won alot of $$$ cause of that cause it did not come that way. Over $15,000 worth of gold in laid in the tank and fenders. Another 1 of a kind. Won alot of Bike Shows and featured in quiegt a few mags. O horse I did not pay for all this. I had a broker whom did nothing but look for cars and bikes for resale purposes only. Got this bike from a convicted drug dealer in Miami along with a Ferari I never drove. Both a pain in the ass but when shined up looked damn good. I don't think I road that bike 6 times. Had to ride it to the shows and out. Rules. One of my best friends from Chattanooga died this week, so I will be taking the H/C to Tenn and north Ga and pick up sum shine. So if any one from Florida wants to purchase sum at my cost,, PMer me and get er dun. Sorry Bob but I want be heading to Nancy land of the ceral state this trip.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Good for you. What a piece of art and I thought mine looked good after werds I had the engine painted. Mine is and waz a one of a kind. $10,000 worth of paint on the engine and ass sociated parts. Powter coated black and red with all 4 calipers painted red with cat's heads and Dodge on the rear end painted red. Thanks and shout out to Bob of Riverside, Cal for the cat's red eyes. Low voltage of horse. And Ed my Electrical engineer whom put this together. A work of art and pain in the ass to keep clean. Satin black exterior with black leather and hand stitched interior. I will get pics on the board before it slips away. I did win the Cat of the month one year so there are pictures some where but not of the engine. Like my last Harley,,, chrome and air craft fitting with chrome braded fuel lines and ass ociated parts. The Harley wa a pin in the ass to keep clean. Exstended 8 over front end, hard tail frame, shovel pan engine. made only 6 months trans fered over from Pan Head to shovel head. What made it special if not all that but it was an electric start and kick start. Added later and I won alot of $$$ cause of that cause it did not come that way. Over $15,000 worth of gold in laid in the tank and fenders. Another 1 of a kind. Won alot of Bike Shows and featured in quiegt a few mags. O horse I did not pay for all this. I had a broker whom did nothing but look for cars and bikes for resale purposes only. Got this bike from a convicted drug dealer in Miami along with a Ferari I never drove. Both a pain in the ass but when shined up looked damn good. I don't think I road that bike 6 times. Had to ride it to the shows and out. Rules. One of my best friends from Chattanooga died this week, so I will be taking the H/C to Tenn and north Ga and pick up sum shine. So if any one from Florida wants to purchase sum at my cost,, PMer me and get er dun. Sorry Bob but I want be heading to Nancy land of the ceral state this trip.
If you're coming down thru Pensacola, I could drive over and meet up for lunch (depending on day you come thru).

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
Does Dodge really care?? If so then why is my battery keep going bad. I have to keep it on the charger all the time. Have had to have it jumped 3 times to get it to the dealership. Turn it off and will not restart. Only dealer ship that will deal with me and an exstended warranty is in St Pete. They told me my warranty was about gone and according to my math,,, I have 2 years left.
Hi Hickster,
If you do choose to return your vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis, please feel free to reach out to us here via a private message. We're happy to help!

Rob
Dodge Cares