Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

16 Challenger Hellcat coming on board.

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Randomly found this site after being a newer member on the other Hellcat forum and could not find a DIY section, specifically for a Barton shifter install. In July we picked up a 2016 PCP Challenger Hellcat M6 with only 29 miles on it from a Dodge dealership in Texas, and had it shipped to Connecticut.

Love this cat, such a beast to drive as this is our daily driver for the most part.

Looking forward to installing the Barton shifter soon after it arrives from Barton in a couple days. There is a great DIY write up in the DIY section for anyone thinking about tackling this project.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Congrats and welcome to the forum. That’s a helluva find with only 29 miles on it. Post some pics.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Excellent buy, congrats! Photos please!
Glad you found this excellent forum, welcome!
Have fun, be safe.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Randomly found this site after being a newer member on the other Hellcat forum and could not find a DIY section, specifically for a Barton shifter install. In July we picked up a 2016 PCP Challenger Hellcat M6 with only 29 miles on it from a Dodge dealership in Texas, and had it shipped to Connecticut.

Love this cat, such a beast to drive as this is our daily driver for the most part.

Looking forward to installing the Barton shifter soon after it arrives from Barton in a couple days. There is a great DIY write up in the DIY section for anyone thinking about tackling this project.
So what is the advantage to having the Barton Shifter? I've often heard of them, just never had one, and never really heard anyone say "why" you would want one...

EDIT: Oh yea, and welcome aboard!!!

Thanks,
Jeff

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger

Jalenator

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Max Steel Hellcat RedEye
Wow, that's an awesome find with only 29 miles, new definition of "low mileage"...congrats. And welcome!

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Congratulations from Chicago! I installed my Barton after watching WorkPlayDrive's video on YouTube. 20180927_155659.jpg

Last edited:

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat

Heminized

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
New Smyrna Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger
So basically it makes the "throw" of the shifter shorter??
And a guaranteed hit from 2nd to 3rd. As well as the rest of the shifts. Very tight and very precise. No slop.

68GoldRunner

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elko
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
The Barton is a very solid feeling shifter which shortens the throw. Barton paired with the clutch delay valve removal is best. If your a casual shifter or just drive on the street maybe not for you. It’s great for the strip or track days.

Attachments

HellcatFan

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Nice find! Welcome aboard.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Welcome and congratulations.
Post some pictures of your new cat.
Enjoy with cautious enthusiasm!

OP
S

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
Everyone - Thanks for all the replies, glad I found this forum.

The wife and I patiently waited for the one with the specs we wanted, PCP, low mileage, M6, satin black hood and red seat belts. The same dealership also had a 2015 Hellcat Challenger, granite crystal color, with only 49 miles. The person who traded in our 2016 also had this 2015 and per the dealership was a super rich guy cleaning out his garage for more inventory.

This is at the dealership, which caused me so much anxiety buying a car without actually seeing, touching or inspecting it.

IMG_20190805_201951_01.jpg

The Hellcat is being loaded up on the delivery truck.

IMG_20190719_174513_03.jpg

Red seat belts and alcantara seats which we really like, and wanted.

IMG_20190805_201951_03.jpg

The window sticker.

IMG_20190711_185937_01.jpg

This is the reason we wanted the Hellcat. Last year on a family Vegas Vacation we didn't win a car like Rusty, so we rented a Hellcat and we're instantly sold. After that we just waited for the right one.

IMG_8811.jpg

20180826_100223.jpg
This one was the right one. At home next to our now former Mercedes E550, both got a wash the morning after delivery.

_fall_back_1564783914485_IMG_20190801_174644_01.jpg

So far we have added 35% tints and a 70% tint to the front windshield. Also added some PPF to the front bumper and hood, purchased the 2018 Mopar stock hellcat front and rear badges, and the American Brother Designs Hellcat Cutout badge, in black.

Next up is the Barton shifter, and although ours is a daily driver I have a feeling the wife and I are going to love it. I'm so thankful for the DIY section on this forum which has a super detailed write-up by @HCone.

OP
S

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Congratulations from Chicago! I installed my Barton after watching WorkPlayDrive's video on YouTube.
Great tip! Just found his video which I will be watching. I watched Mission Flyers YouTube video which was helpful but more videos the better.

I read some people use Dynamat when installing, any chance you did that, or anything else that is not standard during the install?

RonHellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
Congrats

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Welcome from Enfield and another 2016.

OP
S

Skrelnik

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fairfield
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #17
Welcome from Enfield and another 2016.
My Hellcat likes Enfield a lot. Glad to bring the Hellcat back home from Texas:

Capture.JPG

Beast707

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Carol Stream
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger WB M6 Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Great tip! Just found his video which I will be watching. I watched Mission Flyers YouTube video which was helpful but more videos the better.

I read some people use Dynamat when installing, any chance you did that, or anything else that is not standard during the install?
Nope. Fairly easy install. Only problem area was passenger side pin. Just a pain in the ass. The WPD video was dead on made it really easy. I haven't had any issues with noise.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Everyone - Thanks for all the replies, glad I found this forum.

The wife and I patiently waited for the one with the specs we wanted, PCP, low mileage, M6, satin black hood and red seat belts. The same dealership also had a 2015 Hellcat Challenger, granite crystal color, with only 49 miles. The person who traded in our 2016 also had this 2015 and per the dealership was a super rich guy cleaning out his garage for more inventory.

This is at the dealership, which caused me so much anxiety buying a car without actually seeing, touching or inspecting it.

View attachment 2181

The Hellcat is being loaded up on the delivery truck.

View attachment 2182

Red seat belts and alcantara seats which we really like, and wanted.

View attachment 2183

The window sticker.

View attachment 2184

This is the reason we wanted the Hellcat. Last year on a family Vegas Vacation we didn't win a car like Rusty, so we rented a Hellcat and we're instantly sold. After that we just waited for the right one.

View attachment 2186

View attachment 2188
This one was the right one. At home next to our now former Mercedes E550, both got a wash the morning after delivery.

View attachment 2187

So far we have added 35% tints and a 70% tint to the front windshield. Also added some PPF to the front bumper and hood, purchased the 2018 Mopar stock hellcat front and rear badges, and the American Brother Designs Hellcat Cutout badge, in black.

Next up is the Barton shifter, and although ours is a daily driver I have a feeling the wife and I are going to love it. I'm so thankful for the DIY section on this forum which has a super detailed write-up by @HCone.
Beautiful Challenger Hellcat!

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
My Hellcat likes Enfield a lot. Glad to bring the Hellcat back home from Texas:

View attachment 2195
If it was purchased at Artioli Dodge, the buyer def overpaid lol. Im sure I saw your car out there for sale at the time. I drive by there quite a bit. It’s about 2 miles from my house. Congrats on the find.