Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

World's First Dodge Challenger Hellcat Convertible

Charger Hellcat News

Staff Team
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions

It?s one thing hacking the roof off a regular Challenger V6, but doing so on a limited production Hellcat that spits out 707 horses and is capable of a ? mile run in the low 11s, well, let?s just say it?s not for the fainthearted.

The pictured Dodge Challenger Hellcat Convertible is the brainchild of John Iverson of Iverson Customs and the Iverson Chrysler Center dealership in Mitchell, South Dakota.

?As an avid collector and love for rare Mopars, I wanted to extend my collection with another one of a kind, first edition Mopar,? says Iverson. ?As I was conducting business in our showroom where my 71 Barracuda Convertible sits on display, a thought crossed my mind to take the Hellcat one-step further. Even though the Hellcat was a one of a kind based on the first model year and on the options ordered, I wanted to make it more desirable. The idea of a convertible Hellcat was born.?

Iverson says he went through a few loops to secure a brand new Challenger Hellcat, even reaching out to FCA?s global head of design and former SRT boss, Ralph Gilles.

?I contacted some suits at Chrysler to arrange a meeting with the man behind the design of the Hellcat, Mr. Ralph Gilles,? explains Iverson. "My son Austen and I met him at a National Auto Dealer Association 20 Group meeting where we presented our idea. We obtained is signature approval for the first conversion to be created.?

While Iverson had the idea, he turned to Drop Top Customs, which specializes in turning fixed roof cars into convertibles (you?ve probably seen many of their creations like the Dodge Charger and Cadillac CTS) for the execution.

Now, after displaying the automatic model at various events where it clocked 555 miles, Iverson has listed the car for sale at his dealership for $139,900 or more than double the MSRP of the regular Challenger SRT Hellcat ($64,195).

[video=youtube;kaDfR6Vky_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaDfR6Vky_E[/video]

Read more on Carscoop.

Hellcatshack1

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbia
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Cat on wheels

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Why are we left out? Is this some kind of prejudice? I want to see a Charger HC Convertible within three weeks. Or else!

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

It?s one thing hacking the roof off a regular Challenger V6, but doing so on a limited production Hellcat that spits out 707 horses and is capable of a ? mile run in the low 11s, well, let?s just say it?s not for the fainthearted.

The pictured Dodge Challenger Hellcat Convertible is the brainchild of John Iverson of Iverson Customs and the Iverson Chrysler Center dealership in Mitchell, South Dakota.

?As an avid collector and love for rare Mopars, I wanted to extend my collection with another one of a kind, first edition Mopar,? says Iverson. ?As I was conducting business in our showroom where my 71 Barracuda Convertible sits on display, a thought crossed my mind to take the Hellcat one-step further. Even though the Hellcat was a one of a kind based on the first model year and on the options ordered, I wanted to make it more desirable. The idea of a convertible Hellcat was born.?

Iverson says he went through a few loops to secure a brand new Challenger Hellcat, even reaching out to FCA?s global head of design and former SRT boss, Ralph Gilles.

?I contacted some suits at Chrysler to arrange a meeting with the man behind the design of the Hellcat, Mr. Ralph Gilles,? explains Iverson. "My son Austen and I met him at a National Auto Dealer Association 20 Group meeting where we presented our idea. We obtained is signature approval for the first conversion to be created.?

While Iverson had the idea, he turned to Drop Top Customs, which specializes in turning fixed roof cars into convertibles (you?ve probably seen many of their creations like the Dodge Charger and Cadillac CTS) for the execution.

Now, after displaying the automatic model at various events where it clocked 555 miles, Iverson has listed the car for sale at his dealership for $139,900 or more than double the MSRP of the regular Challenger SRT Hellcat ($64,195).

[video=youtube;kaDfR6Vky_E]

Read more on Carscoop.
don't see the pictures???

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Why are we left out? Is this some kind of prejudice? I want to see a Charger HC Convertible within three weeks. Or else!
Gulp.........
Or else what?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Or else, I'll post again!

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
I am hoping that these posts wake up some of these old members and get them back on here.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
I think I have seen this before. I think it is hideous, but to each their own. Now T-tops on the other hand would be super sweet.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, t-tops. had a lot of those once upon a time. when I was young i'd lift them off and tan while I was on road trips.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The kind of threat I like.
Gonna take you up on that....
Uh, what's taking you?

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
lol, t-tops. had a lot of those once upon a time. when I was young i'd lift them off and tan while I was on road trips.
Had an 81 Firebird once. No T-Top though.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
81 turbo trans am and 81 280zx turbo... no T on the TA. The hot rodded 280 was by far the better and faster car.

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Never been a vert guy. If I want bugs in my teeth and knots in my hair I'll ride a motorcycle.
I said it on the 'other' site at least a year ago.
Convertibles rattle, squeak and leak.
Whenever you see one going down the highway, they look like an overinflated balloon.
You know the people riding in that car had to pop their ears a few times to get comfortable.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
2000 Pontiac Trans Am...enjoyed the T-tops once upon a time...a time when my hair was much fuller on top. [:I]

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
don't see the pictures???
I couldn't see pics either. Vid came through though. Gotta say I saw one a few years ago and it look exactly like TMAC said with the top up(like an overinflated balloon...hideous). But these guys did a real good job. Looks killer with top down and still has nice lines with it up. I'm not a convertible guy per-say but hey, they did do a good job. Now structural integrity (?), 700 H.P. motor (?), yea I wouldn't vouch for that.
P.S. 1/2 of Vid is totally wasted. I know what wheels and interior look like. Aren't you supposed to be showcasing CONVERTABLE TOP?